Recent

Author Topic: Your personal info made public  (Read 4386 times)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Your personal info made public
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »
You might want to go to spokeo.com and do a search for your name, and remove it if you find it. It gives out info such as whether your a single female living alone and an address, or married man with 4 kids of what age and names. Not all is accurate, but might be enough to cause trouble for you somehow.

There is a link in the bottom right labeled privacy, click it then follow the instructions to remove your name.

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
Re: Your personal info made public
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
Says i have 2 kids live in New York and i'm female

When really i have 3 kids and live in a tent in mongolia with a squirell for company...

To be honest though it could be a troublesome thing i agree Kurt

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
Those of us not in the US don't have a problem, this much is true. The site only lists in the US. But most of our visitors are in the US, so I thought I would post it.

I looked up a couple females I know that do live in the US, and found the info posted on them close enough that it concerned me, listing them as single, female, age group, what city and street address. Not what I want every thug out there to know about them.

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:26:39 PM »
I DO NOT like this site! If you search my email it lists IP addresses that I have logged in from. This site should be shut down I think... Thats way too much information to be giving out

Sterling

• Force: +1/-0
    • Hitchhike games
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 05:24:44 PM »
WOW...very interesting. I have to check that out!