Recent

Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 2642 times)

WhaaaaaTha

• Force: +0/-0
Need Help
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »
Hi,

I moved my site to a dedicated server. Everything is the same and i Chmod my /static, /static/games and /static/thumbs folder to 777 when i upload a game the image uploads to the thumbs folder however the game does not upload and it says please chmod the games folder to 0777. But it is chmoded to 777. Also php.ini upload limit i put to 20 megabytes why doesn't the game upload?

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »
It kind of sounds like the server has a limit set on how big of a file PHP is allowed to upload, and is set up to ignore the php.ini file when it tries to change the setting. Try uploading a much much smaller file and see if it works. Just find a file that is 1k or so and rename it to have a .swf extension, and try uploading that. The script is set up by default to not take it active, unless you have changed it, so you should be able to run such a test without visitors knowing anything. If that does work though, you probably need to talk to the hosting company about changing the PHP upload limit. If it doesn't then something else is wrong, send me login detail for cPanel, FTP, and the admin panel, so that I can get in there and see what I can dig out.