Recent

Author Topic: Application  (Read 3616 times)

Trasion

Application
« on: July 22, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if an application is allowed, but we'll see! ;)

Admin said he'd talk to you, Kurt about me being hired as an administrator. Anyways, here's a little bit about my life, about me, and about my past experience, and future ideas I have for this website.

I lived in Canada from 1994 (my birth year), until 2009. I owned many companies there. I have run and/or helped over 50 successful websites. I've done many forum softwares myself. I've done many general forums, and I've helped with so many other sites. I also ran various fansites for many popular MMORPGs.

I developed Trasion Shop & Cash for vBulletin (one of the biggest modifications for vBulletin since vBSEO). I've made so many scripts for vBulletin, and also for my own software (which was given up on when I needed something new to do).

Three weeks ago, I moved to the U.S. (New York). So I now live here, and have opened the arcade Zoovix (online, using this script).

In under 3 days, I have learned all about this script, and how to develop for it. If you guys would take me as an administrator, I could help with a highscores system, a tournament system, and so much more. I'd also highly suggest a vBulletin forum that I'd give you guys. I am a very experienced designer, and could code you a style to match your main website.

I may be a kid, but that just means I have no life, and can be working here all the time. ;) Since I just moved, I have not yet met anyone, so I don't hang out with anyone, instead, I stay and talk to my old friends over the computer, so I'm here all day.

I'd be a great help to this website, and I hope you all see it that way.

Take me, or leave me. ;)

You can delete this if you want, I just was hoping I could work here. (for free)

Trasion

Re: Application
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
Oh, and for the information. Trasion Forum Software was my old forum script. It was huge. I am almost done customizing it to be part of the Free Arcade Script, so it shares the same users, avatars, and much more. It will also share the same styles and everything.

Let me know if you guys want this.

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Re: Application
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 06:01:46 PM »
Let us talk it over. He is asleep right now, and I'm working my way towards laying down as I'm dead tired right now. Almost didn't log on even, Iz a walking zombie lol.

As for the forum mod, I would love to look at it. We are trying to move towards a specific format though, and it would need to be laid out that way as well. You've probably noticed that there is a separate admin panel for the blog admin area, not part of the overall admin section. This was done on purpose, to make it easy to give blogging privileges without the need to allow that person access to the admin area AT ALL. The forum we adopt, be it your mod or one we write just for it, will need to have the same format: a separate admin/mod panel that can be given access to it based on user privileges(through the overall admin panel only) without the need to grant any kind of admin panel access. That make sense? The same goes for any video add on, jokes, etc.

Also, the template system will be fundamentaly changed as we are redoing the SEO of the script. The new way of doing it is the index.php file will still load the individual pages, but BEFORE the template is loaded, and the page will be run by the index.php file by calling a function rather than just have it spit out the info. That way it can be loaded before the template in order to generate such things as dynamic meta tags for each page, before it needs to print them out in the template. The current system loads the first part of the template before the individual page making that impossible. That make sense?

And we expect to get it to where the template can be chosen by a logged in member.

All this adds up to some major changes in the flow of the script. That's the big reason it is so critical for us to get it done before we move on to something else.

Then there is also the fact that all mods/add ons must pass security inspection. All data passed back to the script by the user needs to go through the cleaning function. This by it's very nature rules some types of forum features as the cleaning function kills some of the data in the input that some users want. But we had a hacker take this website down a few months back because the script still had some holes. We are determined to try and keep that from happening again.

So before you get too gung ho on the forum mod, unless you like doing thigs twice, might want to wait a bit to see what the changes are going to look like. I know, not fast enough. Sorry, can't be helped in this case.

We will talk over all this though, be sure of that.

For now, I'm hungry and tired lol.