Recent

Author Topic: Ads help  (Read 5168 times)

Reg

• Force: +0/-0
Ads help
« on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »
Ok I go to admin panel and put in the script code under the Header Space: and it is just blank (im using Google adsense)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Re: Ads help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »
OK, first off, I'm moving this to the right section.

Second off, what is the URL so we can take a look and see what's going on?

Reg

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »
reggroux.com

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 12:01:07 AM »
It's showing up in the source code spit out by your server. You are using the newer version of Google's code though. The newer ones are not interchangable. You must go into your control panel and create a code for that exact size on that exact page and get the google_ad_slot code exactly right for it, or it won't show up. This means no copying codes from one website to another, nor even from one size on that page to another size by simply editing the sizes viewable to us humans. It doesn't work. Exact code for exact size on exact page now. Or switch back to the old codes which are editable/readable by humans.

That's the only thing I can think might be going on with it. Try going into your Google account and re setting up that specific ad and swapping it out. If that don't work, then we will have to go from there.

The script is outputting the Google ad code though, so the script is not making it goof up. I has to be in code fed into it.

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 03:33:33 AM »
I agree ,its a Google thing, i have the same with all my sites, but when viewed on a different pc elsewhere its shows ok .

Reg

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 08:11:45 AM »
OK so whats the height and the width? I really don't want to go into the php file?

Robbie

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 08:14:23 AM »
For the header?   but i can see your header ad in Firefox and IE very clearly.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:52:34 AM by admin »

Reg

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »
ok so theres noway I can view it to see if I have them lined up right?

Robbie

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »
Well i have the same thing , i cannot see mine on my machine but when i look at sites on my other machine i can .May be a Google cookie problem .I can tell you that your ad is looking ok and is centralised ok. Right click view source it shows your ad is there ok .I will ask the question on some forums i am on , will let you know !.Would be good if anyone here on FAS forum can see the same as i do .

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »
You don't need to go into the PHP file for this no. But it's not just editing the height and width in the Adsense code either. In cases like this, you almost always need to reset up the ad code from inside your Adsense account, and then re enter it into that specific site. Code from one site does not work on any other site, nor if you change the dimensions without doing so through your Adsense account. Just editing the new code snippets they give you by hand does not work.