Recent

Author Topic: I'm having some trouble.  (Read 5044 times)

SHF

• Force: +0/-0
I'm having some trouble.
« on: March 22, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »
The whole installation process confuses me (as I don't even know what a database is). I guess I'm just not very tech savy. Anyways, I've created a forum from forumotion.com and I was wondering if I'm even able to add the arcade download from here onto there? If it is possible, could someone help me out with it or possibly install it for me?

Here is my site: http://christianmusiclovers.forumotion.net/

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
Re: I'm having some trouble.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »
Hi first off all yes you can add our link, and if you send us the ftp access and url we can install it for you on a domain of your choice .Dont give any details here please send to support@freearcadescript.net .I dont think you can add it there as forumotion is a free hosted domain ,the best thing is to purchase a domain (www.247regdomains.com) and then purchase hosting .Some of our sites are hosted on www.charterhost.co.uk so we know that this hosting is suitable .

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:39:01 PM by admin »

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:54:21 PM »
In order to install the script, access to the site's cPanel/phpMyAdmin or other admin section is needed. We would need to create a database for the arcade to be installed, and have access to FTP upload the files. You might want to contact the owners/operators of forumotion.com to see how this is accomplished. They are welcome to contact us and we can try to work something out, but we do need to be able to access certain things before we can even think of installing.

SHF

• Force: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:59:16 PM »
Thanks for your help. I did use the email and found that forumotion keeps the things that would be needed in order to do this, to themselves, so I'm not sure it would be possible for me to get without paying (which I wasn't planning on).

Again, thanks for the help. : ) Hopefully I can find something that works.

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »
It might prove rather difficult to  find anything that can be installed there without their help. You might be better served by just getting a domain name and putting it on other hosting. I know I've seen hosting out there that is free, but even they usually charge in one form or another. Some will force their ads on to your site, even if they are not something you would agree to advertise under any circumstances. Then there are some that will give you free hosting, but very limited capacity, no database, etc, and if you need more they will gladly sell it to you. There are some decent bargains out there though, so don't be afraid to look and ask. Never know what you will turn up. Let us know if we can help.