Recent

Author Topic: Button Opinions  (Read 4365 times)

Dillon

• Developer
  • Force: +3/-0
    • Arcade Freak
Button Opinions
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »
So im going to be working on a big project coming up soon and im wondering what your guys opinions were on buttons. Which do you like better and which do you think is better for coding overall. There are single image ones with the button and text all in the image and then there is the ones with the button being its own image with text over top of it(this can include 1 image or 3 having a left middle and right). What do you guys think and why?

To give my opinion i personally like having 3 images with a left middle and right and putting text over top of it. That way i only have to make those 3 images once and the rest is up to the code.

Frank

• Force: +4/-0
Re: Button Opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »
I assume that you are talking about a "Menu or Navigation-Bar"

One can make buttons with two images and hide the overflow with css, while using text/language to indicate what they represent.

But! one has to consider other things as well.

If the menu uses "titles" to interpolate the language, then one kills any other script that uses titles for something else, because it will usually end up with unwanted extras popping up. - - - Like javascript titles for example. :(

Free Advice:

Do your project using a simple menu with urls and RAW language anchors - then work out what type of menu-mark-up is going to suit it.

hotscripts has a few you may want to take a look at. ;)