Recent

Author Topic: how can u add a games database if you have a game pack  (Read 4224 times)

dan9078

• Force: +0/-0
how can u add a games database if you have a game pack
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:34:20 PM »
hello i have a game pack i bought months ago for my other game site the database for this script has stuff(yours  free arcade script.) as-- dd_games,dd_catagories
now i having some problems adding a game pack database with ava_games in it
how do i resolved this different in sql database for my game pack so i can use it in your game script.

thanks

dan

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
Re: how can u add a games database if you have a game pack
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:49 AM »
Hi if i  understand you correctly, there is no way our pack will work on any other script but ours and vice-versa,thanks Admin

Easy option to purchase our game pack, 1100 game pack is cheap enough !!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:11:17 AM by admin »

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Re: how can u add a games database if you have a game pack
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »
Only somebody who is quite comfortable in phpMyAdmin and knows how to go about altering a database structure would be able to do it. It can be done, this is how I did the ones we have for sale, but it is not something I can teach you in a forum thread. It's just too much involved. And if I remember the AV database structure right, it added it's own twist/extra steps needed for conversion.

The basic gist though is to make the needed fields the same name and data type, get rid of uneeded fields, add in the ones missing, convert the data in the ones that are of a different type, then make the fields have the correct order to import into the database the script is using if need be. Like I said, too much for me to be able to explain in a forum thread.

Now if there is something special about that game pack that you just have to use it(special mix of games perhaps), it can be done. It takes time though, and of course experience is quite helpfull. I can do it for you, for a price, and given enough time.

The alternative is to add each game from the game pack you have from another script manually.