Recent

Author Topic: My arcade site  (Read 7769 times)

Dillon

• Developer
  • Force: +3/-0
    • Arcade Freak
My arcade site
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Alright, brief history, i got the idea to start an arcade site about a year ago because i was always in class wanting to play games but it was so hard to find a site that wasnt blocked. I was originally going to program one from scratch but then i stumbled upon this script. Since then iv been modifying it quite a bit to meet my wants. I havnt really been using the site and im now working on a new project so basically what iv decided to do is to finish making all the modifications i originally wanted to make and i will be uploading the script, all the themes and an install/update file to use it on your site if you'd like to use it. I have not been able to finish all that i wanted but i did quite a bit of it and havnt had time to work on it in a while. So heres what i got. Notice: this is not an official update, this is only my modified version of the script and not supported by the Free Arcade Script team.

A list of the features i have in the script
  • Top 5 games
  • 5 Latest games
  • Guests online (made by mort)
  • Comment deleting for admins(made by mort)
  • Added quick game editing(made by mort)
  • Added a search box on the side panel(removed the search button in the nav)
  • Made the category list display on every page
  • Removed submenu1(); from My menu(giving it its own box)
  • Removed Most Played, Newest, Search, and Links from the nav moving them into the sidebars
  • Made the nav display all the categories on the site
  • Added Favorites link to the My Menu sidebar
  • Added a delete button to favorites in case you added on by accident or dont like it anymore
  • Fixed MANY bugs and made all the pages as far as i can tell validate
  • A lot of various organization and changes to make it look nicer
  • Edited the admin panel to no longer display the header and side bars
  • Completely rewriting the admin panel to organize it and make it look nice(Almost finished)
  • Added default avatars(Undisclosed, male, female)
  • Added user template selection
  • Arcade width is 80% rather than a specific pixel width
  • Added checks to see if there are games added to the category(instead of spitting out errors it says no games added yet)
  • Require email activation yes/no option added to settings
  • Updated/fixed the bbcode on blogs
  • report game as broken button
  • Added support for google analytics(insert code into js/google.js)

What i still need to do
  • Make the rating system validate
  • Finish a few different design aspects of the template
  • finish rewriting the admin panel(finished main admin panel, just need to do blog/game admin)
  • Use username instead of user ids for PMs

Download Here

I could not upload the file here because it was to big so i put it on my site.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:49:06 PM by spagetiokillers »

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
Re: My arcade site
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
Cleaned up the thread and posted my script. It only has the install script right now but ill add the update script later, if someone really wants the update script ill try and make it ASAP.

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »
Awesome! Thanks Spagetiokillers!

soulwebsites

• Force: +0/-0
    • Jamsite
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:34 AM »
Hi spagetiokillers not sure if this will help but i managed to get the Rating system to validate (or at least not spit out errors when trying to validate)

I had to change the file rating_update.php to rating_update.js change the header to
Code: [Select]
<script src="<?=$domain?>/templates/<?php echo $template ?>/rating_update.js" type="text/javascript"></script> also make sure you have your rating images under template/images

ive had it live on my site for a few weeks (306 votes) and had no issues and my site validates fine

I will add your mod for avatars I promise lol ive just been working a lot on design/SEO for my site

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »
Yea i had done that do mine but when you would vote it would say 'NaN/5' instead of actually giving it the rating you wanted. When mort was on here he told me that was because of missing files or broken links but i check over everyting i could think of and it was all correct.