Recent

Author Topic: New features  (Read 27695 times)

soulwebsites

• Force: +0/-0
    • Jamsite
Re: New features
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
Hi spagetiokillers are you still working on the script? I have been playing around with the beta release of yours so wanted to see if you had a newer version.

Dillon

• Developer
  • Force: +3/-0
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »
Hi spagetiokillers are you still working on the script? I have been playing around with the beta release of yours so wanted to see if you had a newer version.

Honestly i havnt visited this site in a very long time. I cant work on something that there is hardly any user base so there isnt much interest or any appreciation from user(which is what motives me to program). I also have a hard time fixing all these errors and trying to improve something when i dont have other developers to work with. Every other developer has disappeared and i was left to be the only one working on it and when i run into an issue i cant ask the users or other developers so it gets frustrating. Its also annoying that when trying to update the website itself to attract more people the server is so messy with random junk that i cant even figure out whats important and whats not so i cant even make the site look more attractive. If there were more developers and more users interested it would be another story but there just isnt.

Frank

• Force: +4/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »
I've got something that may interest you both - But you'll have to email me for a link to the download. As it's FREE and not a part of FAS.

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:10 PM »
Just so that you know, and understand that the project is not completely dead, I figured I would let you in on what's going on. Nothing has been said yet as it's up in the air as to which way it will unfold. Buuuuuttttttt.....

Spagettiokillers had asked about taking over FAS, and was given the chance to, but then seemed to have lost all forward motion. It is rather hard to retain energy for something when there are so few willing to help. I don't blame him one bit.

Robbie contacted me saying that he had to let go of it, that he could no longer retain it, and so I was in the process of buying him out. I was going to start to slowly work on the site, get the store going again, make some mods available, start getting together a new release perhaps, etc. It was going to be very slow going, but it would have been progress.

However, somebody else, one of our own, approached asking about the concept of them buying out the project. That would place somebody with more time at the helm. Because Robbie, Spagettiokillers, Adam, and myself have all been inundated with meatspace responsibilities or otherwise unable to put 100% effort into it, Robbie and I decided that giving them the chance to take over would be in the best interests of FAS. Talks, negotiation, etc were going forward until a sudden death in the family of one of the parties involved. It was put on hold for a bit. while they dealt with a funeral etc.

They've contacted me saying that they are about ready to restart talks, and will probably be back at it within the next few days.

I do not know whether the other interested party will indeed wind up with FAS or not. If they do, they have more time and energy to  pour into it, get it moving better again. If they do not wind up taking over, then I will be back, albeit slowly at first.

So to answer your question, FAS is not totaly dead and abandoned. We just had a period where there was complete and total chaos among all of us. I seem to be the only one with current admin privileges that stands a chance of breaking out of it, so if this other party does not take over, I intend to be returning. One way or the other, we intend to get things moving again.

No formal anouncement has been made yet, and probably won't be until it's been decided. But I figured you guys would be interested in knowing.

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Just so that you know, and understand that the project is not completely dead, I figured I would let you in on what's going on. Nothing has been said yet as it's up in the air as to which way it will unfold. Buuuuuttttttt.....

Spagettiokillers had asked about taking over FAS, and was given the chance to, but then seemed to have lost all forward motion. It is rather hard to retain energy for something when there are so few willing to help. I don't blame him one bit.

Robbie contacted me saying that he had to let go of it, that he could no longer retain it, and so I was in the process of buying him out. I was going to start to slowly work on the site, get the store going again, make some mods available, start getting together a new release perhaps, etc. It was going to be very slow going, but it would have been progress.

However, somebody else, one of our own, approached asking about the concept of them buying out the project. That would place somebody with more time at the helm. Because Robbie, Spagettiokillers, Adam, and myself have all been inundated with meatspace responsibilities or otherwise unable to put 100% effort into it, Robbie and I decided that giving them the chance to take over would be in the best interests of FAS. Talks, negotiation, etc were going forward until a sudden death in the family of one of the parties involved. It was put on hold for a bit. while they dealt with a funeral etc.

They've contacted me saying that they are about ready to restart talks, and will probably be back at it within the next few days.

I do not know whether the other interested party will indeed wind up with FAS or not. If they do, they have more time and energy to  pour into it, get it moving better again. If they do not wind up taking over, then I will be back, albeit slowly at first.

So to answer your question, FAS is not totaly dead and abandoned. We just had a period where there was complete and total chaos among all of us. I seem to be the only one with current admin privileges that stands a chance of breaking out of it, so if this other party does not take over, I intend to be returning. One way or the other, we intend to get things moving again.

No formal anouncement has been made yet, and probably won't be until it's been decided. But I figured you guys would be interested in knowing.

I was never told that i was given a chance to take FAS over. When i asked about it he told me he didnt want to let go of it so i just tried to start working on it with adam and we had plans until adam randomly disappeared. I was in the progress of updating the site but i couldnt get a couple things figured out with the server so i was trying to get in contact with you to get things figured out but never got a reply so i just put that on hold while i worked on the script. Then i realized that i was the only developer coming back and slowly there werent really any members coming back either except soulwebsites but only here and there. So since under my knowledge i had no chance to take over FAS and there was no community or no one else to work  on it with i gave up. I would still be interested in working on this script if it picked up again. I really would have liked to take over FAS back when i was asking about it at which point i was going to license it under the GPL and completely remove the current rating system and make my own since there were issues with the fact that someone else made it and it actually has some issues with working 100% correctly.

One thing i would really appreciate is that whatever happens that you guys dont just scrap all of the work i have done on it. Id Like for my work to be used as a continue point for working on it since i had made A LOT of improvements added A LOT of features and got right of many issues. I also looks quite a bit better than before. If things get going again i wouldnt mind working on this again and if things dont work out with the other guy id be a little interested in knowing what it would take to take things over if possible. I cant guarantee that id take it over but i would be interested in talking about it if of course he falls through.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:00:12 PM by spagetiokillers »

Frank

• Force: +4/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 02:17:41 AM »
Spag,

There's nothing wrong with the rating script - It just needs to be configured properly the way it was designed in the first place.

I use it with different coloured stars for different themes and it works just fine on all of them.

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 03:40:44 PM »
Hmmmmmm I never got any indication that you had tried to contact me. I got no emails, and I just checked to see if there were any private messages. I do appologise.

Either I missunderstood Robbie then, or my memory is absolutely terrible. Trying to decipher what Robbie is saying in an email can be challenging sometimes. He is a Brit after all. But my memory really is terrible. I was in a car accident that scrambled my brains some a while back. That's part of why I sort of disappeared so completely for a while.

It is also possible that Robbie got derailed. When I say our lives went full chaos mode, I ain't exagerating. His and mine meatspace responsibilities went nuts. He may have not gotten an email sent. He may have lost track of it. He may have forgotten in what went down. I dunno. All I know is we were not absent because we wanted to be. Adam had similar pressing matters going on as well.

If you are still interested, let Robbie know imediately. The negotiations have not completed yet last I heard. If he knows there is another interested party, I'm sure he would give it thought. Let him know right now, today. Let him know what you have to offer for it.

Keep in mind though that if it does sell, I will still be retaining rights to the script. It's one of the most versatile scripts I have ever had the pleasure to help develop, and I would like to continue to develop using it. It can be used for far more than just an arcade script, and that's all I want to reveal at this point. Well, ok, I will reveal that I have a few add ons 99% completed, such as a forum.

If I wind up keeping it, you are most welcome to continue to help develop it. I would be more than happy to use what you've done so far as a starting point. I would however make some alterations to it, even drop at least one thing that Adam put in for now, in favor of something else I think is more important. That's not to say I'd leave it out forever, just for now. And a lot of what I've seen you post about is good work. Yea, even though I've been silent, I have followed posts as best I could. I love this project. That's part of why I didn't want to allow it to die, abandoning everybody. I'm not, quite, ready to go full bore again. I would like to get it up and making progress again though, and soon. It's just a matter of time. If you want to help, I'm all for it. If you want to take over, let Robbie know what your offer is. But don't wait, he was supposed to be contacting the other interested party when he gets a chance. I'll send him an email to look for you trying to get ahold of him, tell him you're interested as well.

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:55 AM »
Hmmmmmm I never got any indication that you had tried to contact me. I got no emails, and I just checked to see if there were any private messages. I do appologise.

Either I missunderstood Robbie then, or my memory is absolutely terrible. Trying to decipher what Robbie is saying in an email can be challenging sometimes. He is a Brit after all. But my memory really is terrible. I was in a car accident that scrambled my brains some a while back. That's part of why I sort of disappeared so completely for a while.

It is also possible that Robbie got derailed. When I say our lives went full chaos mode, I ain't exagerating. His and mine meatspace responsibilities went nuts. He may have not gotten an email sent. He may have lost track of it. He may have forgotten in what went down. I dunno. All I know is we were not absent because we wanted to be. Adam had similar pressing matters going on as well.

If you are still interested, let Robbie know imediately. The negotiations have not completed yet last I heard. If he knows there is another interested party, I'm sure he would give it thought. Let him know right now, today. Let him know what you have to offer for it.

Keep in mind though that if it does sell, I will still be retaining rights to the script. It's one of the most versatile scripts I have ever had the pleasure to help develop, and I would like to continue to develop using it. It can be used for far more than just an arcade script, and that's all I want to reveal at this point. Well, ok, I will reveal that I have a few add ons 99% completed, such as a forum.

If I wind up keeping it, you are most welcome to continue to help develop it. I would be more than happy to use what you've done so far as a starting point. I would however make some alterations to it, even drop at least one thing that Adam put in for now, in favor of something else I think is more important. That's not to say I'd leave it out forever, just for now. And a lot of what I've seen you post about is good work. Yea, even though I've been silent, I have followed posts as best I could. I love this project. That's part of why I didn't want to allow it to die, abandoning everybody. I'm not, quite, ready to go full bore again. I would like to get it up and making progress again though, and soon. It's just a matter of time. If you want to help, I'm all for it. If you want to take over, let Robbie know what your offer is. But don't wait, he was supposed to be contacting the other interested party when he gets a chance. I'll send him an email to look for you trying to get ahold of him, tell him you're interested as well.

I pmd you and robbie