Recent

Author Topic: Site review  (Read 13923 times)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Re: Site review
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »
By all means please do upload it. We encourage people to develop and contribute. Not everything winds up in an official release for various reasons, but it may, and others may want it.

Frank

• Force: +4/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
I've made so many changes to both the code and the html that I would have to upload the whole programme for others to pick through.

I may go back to a "Live" site just for the fun of it, as at the moment I only run on 127.0.0.1 for my grand kids to play with. So it makes it pretty hard for a demo of any kind. :(

Dillon

• Developer
  • Force: +3/-0
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »
I've made so many changes to both the code and the html that I would have to upload the whole programme for others to pick through.

I may go back to a "Live" site just for the fun of it, as at the moment I only run on 127.0.0.1 for my grand kids to play with. So it makes it pretty hard for a demo of any kind. :(

Check out my template i just uploaded if you wanna help me out :)

Im trying to fix the errors myself but having some trouble.

Frank

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
Your theme is totally incompatible with what I have done to FAS. Apart from re-writing nearly every file and fixing up all of the errors (And there are hundreds of them) All the chrome I use is done with variables like so.

Code: [Select]
'.$TD1.' '.$l_general_message.' '.$TD2.'
<div class=\'msg\'>'.$l_game_deleted.'<br /><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="history.go(-1)">'.$l_go_back.'</a></div>
'.$TD3.'

And I don't really want to re-install basic FAS again just to go through fixing errors.

Sorry! ;)

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:19 PM »
Ok iv made a new theme. I believe its finished, i may make changes later. What do you guys think?

Frank

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »
Wow! It resizes without breaking up - IE likes it, so what more could one be expected to do besides centre that menu!

Lol!

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 06:32:41 AM »
Wow! It resizes without breaking up - IE likes it, so what more could one be expected to do besides centre that menu!

Lol!

I can never tell with you if your making fun of me or congratulating me...... lol

Frank

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 06:56:34 AM »
I'll be absolutely honest with you.

If IE likes it so do I - - - - And IE is harder to please than what I am. :)

But IMHO I wouldn't say it was finished - I look at it as being more like a work in progress. ;)

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 07:04:42 AM »
I'll be absolutely honest with you.

If IE likes it so do I - - - - And IE is harder to please than what I am. :)

But IMHO I wouldn't say it was finished - I look at it as being more like a work in progress. ;)

True true...

Also iv been trying to make IE support it the best i could, its very hard to make it support IE 8 but i believe that i fully supprto IE 9. Right now in IE 8, the search box freaks out when you go to play a game and then the right side bar and the nav bar freaks out on some page loads. However, soon there will be no use to support IE 8..... hopefully

Frank

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 07:20:37 AM »
XP users are not entitled to upgrade to IE9 so I suspect that IE8 will be around for a long time yet.

If you're having width problems with IE then you will possibly need to add this to your css in the parts that are breaking up.

width: whateverpx !important;

Dillon

• Developer
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
my site is freaking out :/ ???.....