Recent

Author Topic: Interest in a user pages feature?  (Read 6569 times)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Interest in a user pages feature?
« on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
We've been working on a small feature for those who are interested: user pages. It allows an admin to enter an article and save it to the database, and can include HTML/JavaScript. It can be turned on or off in the settings page of your admin panel, allowing an arcade admin to choose whether to use the blog, user pages, both, or neither. It could be used to include content into your site for the search engine spiders to feed on.

It's not done yet. We're curious as to how much interest in it there might be. Do I put some priority into making it part of the official 2.0 release, or wait till later? Anybody have feelings either way?

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
Re: Interest in a user pages feature?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »
umm... I think that it could prolly wait, its basically the same thing as the blog feature, right?

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
Very close. One allows comments by members, one does not, but very close. Some users are more comfortable with user pages than with a blog though, so I thought I would throw it out there for some input from others as to whether they prefered it or not. It shouldn't take a whole heaping amount of time to finish it off, but some schedules are crunched for time so we prioritize. And you know us, user preference is always given thought to here.

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »
oooh ok I see, idk if you want my input or not lol but I dont think that that is something that should be right at the top of the list, i mean if its way easy to do, like something that could be done in a day go for it but, other than that if it was me I would wait till later to release it.

andrew

• Force: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:38:53 PM »
Good idea, Include stuff like Favourite games, last played games maybe?

Example of a good user page: (one of mine)

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/toycat
http://tcxgames.com  My arcade.

[Donated]

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »
Hmmmm well what we meant by user pages is pages that can be written and entered into the database by the admin, not user profile pages.

However, those are very good ideas for the user profiles. We were already thinking of something of that nature, I need to put them into the to do list though lol. Thanks!

andrew

• Force: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
Hmmmm well what we meant by user pages is pages that can be written and entered into the database by the admin, not user profile pages.

However, those are very good ideas for the user profiles. We were already thinking of something of that nature, I need to put them into the to do list though lol. Thanks!
can't you just store them in the site anyway? or even on a notepad document...

Anyway, No problem :)
http://tcxgames.com  My arcade.

[Donated]