Recent

Author Topic: To do list....  (Read 4195 times)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
To do list....
« on: July 21, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »
As I mentioned elsewhere that I would post a list of things we have that we want to do with the script, here it is. I did move the highest priority ones to the top, but other than that It is not in any particular order, so don't read anything into that. It just happens to be the order I remembered to write them down is all.

Highest priority:
* done
* template towards CSS -  and choosable by member
* Mochi integration
* forum - RSS for forum - partially done, basic forum with little caching done in 2.1 code finished so far. RSS for it finished.

Next highest priority
* done
* video section

The remainder in no particular order:
* done
* done
* profile - games sponored, movies, food, music, hobbies, comments, alterable profile theme, user profile blog, user self notes, user calander, user self reminders, quotes, user acomplishments, user favorites, referred users
* high scores/tourament
* XML sitemap
* game plugs
* done
* ads before game play page
* social bookmarking
* banning - IP, username is done in 2.1 code done so far.
* CAPTCHA
* shop
* done
* news pages - listing of newsletters perhaps?
* show staff mod partially done, staff status shown in profile and forum in 2.1 code done so far.
* rotating ads - ad sales page
* jokes
* shoutbox
* fullscreen mode
* music
* auto activation of set number of games each day that are inactive.
* auto check for link back in link exchange system.
* funny pics
* referrer system - rewards, badges
* different languages - selectable from member profile
* category sponsoships for game categories, blog, and forum.

We want to get the SEO and templating done first so that we don't have to redo all those pages as others get added.

We want to add the forum and video sections next, and the SQL caching if possible, so that there is a live example how things are laid out so that others can work on adding features in a manner that flows with the script, working in harmony with it.

Some of them that are not marked high priority will probably be worked on on an on going basis, mixed in with the higher priorities, such as adding new things to the profiles.

This is part of why we insist on working in a planned fashion, thinking 5 steps ahead, and part of why it moves a little slower here than other scripts. This is intended to be one of, if not the, best scripts ever: easy to use, easy to mod, easy on server resources, easy to template, good SEO built in, etc. But it might take a while to get there as it takes a while to hammer things out so we can move to the next step.

I'm locking this thread. If there is something to add to it, PM me please.

Update:
Done in the 2.0 final release:
* Different meta tags and title, and some other  SEO work.
* SQL caching - What is intended for next version is finished, more could follow in future version.
* Game adder privs - Separate game admin section from admin, no need to give admin privs to give game admin privs.
* Auto game size for hosted games.
* Game specific ads.
* Individual game sponsorship
* User/custom pages
* Profiles - user added games, user blog posts

Done in the 2.1 code being worked on
* Banning by username.
* Forum - Basic so far without much caching
* Profiles - Staff designations
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:45:57 PM by Prankster »