Recent

Author Topic: V2.0rc3 of FAS is now available for download  (Read 6031 times)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
V2.0rc3 of FAS is now available for download
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
We just put rc3 up for download in the download page, see menu to your left.

Since rc2 we have made some minor bug fixes, including errors shown where no comments have been left for a game.

Also changed is now members without admin status that have blogging privileges can only access the blog entries that they have posted, instead of them all, and a blog section has been added to the admin panel to access all entries.

We went ahead and put the user pages in in case some people prefered them over a blog. The user pages is like the blog, but no comments, so no moderation of comments needed. They also allow more in the way of HTML and JavaScript.

If upgrading from rc2, the addsql.txt file has a small note down where the additions from rc2 are so that you don't need to try and run all the SQL commands.

We don't expect any more changes in the files themselves, but I was tired when I put all the changes together and zipped them up. Please let me know if there are any problems in the installation script.

Thanks to those who have given feedback, much apreciated. We still need more though, please keep it coming.

andrew

• Force: +0/-0
Re: V2.0rc3 of FAS is now available for download
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:27:00 AM »
it wasn't very clear in the download file, What do i do to update my arcade from 2.0rc2?
http://tcxgames.com  My arcade.

[Donated]

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Lol, this is why we  ask for feedback. Sorry bout that.

In the zip is a file titled updatesql.txt. Near the bottom of it is a section of the SQL commands that need to be run to upgrade from rc2. They are marked off with a line "-- added in rc3" and everything below it is new to rc3.

For the files themselves, everything in the folders

/includes - except config.php
/pages
/templates

needs to be uploaded over the old files.

In other words, the old /includes/config.php does not need to be altered, everything else in those folders does.

That simple. Make sense?

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
OK, a new zip file with a new upgrade from rc2 was just uploaded. It also includes newer versions of the the RSS feed files as they were old and didn't work. They managed to sneek in there on us lol. Actually it was me, I was tired that night.

andrew

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »
Ok, This is kinda unrelated but Which files/SQL do i need JUST t remove the comments bug? Since i'm Upgrading the script etc etc To a differet level or FAS so i can't change the files  ??? :(

[Donated]

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
Which ever file they were displayed in. I think the one you are referring to was a big in displaying an error message under the game being played when there were no comments left for that specific game. Correct? Sorry but my memory isn't what it used to be anymore. If this is correct, then the file would be play.php in the templates folder. If not, where was it again? lol

Let me know either way.

andrew

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
You were correct, i'll change the play.php file now :)

[Donated]