Recent

Author Topic: odd space...  (Read 10976 times)

Trasion

odd space...
« on: July 21, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
http://zoovix.com/

On the left hand side, see the 1 or 2px gap between the menus, and the edge of the layout?

I'd like that to be gone, and have the menus touch the edge. How can I do this? I can't find where that gap would be coming from in any of the files..

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
Re: odd space...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:43:49 PM »
Its in the styles.css file located: /templates/YOURTEMPLATE/styles.css

I think it is.. it should be...

btw good eyes, I had to look really hard for what you were talking about lol

EDIT:
for the page being full width, I think you need to change:
Code: [Select]
<table width="900" border="0" align="center" class="maintable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
to
Code: [Select]
<table width="100%" border="0" align="center" class="maintable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
and that is in the header.php file
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:46:43 PM by Adam »

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
I have looked for it myself, and for the boxes in the center being a couple pixels lower than the sides, and can't see what could be causing it. I'm wondering if it is something inherent in the use of tables perhaps. I can find no reason for it to be there. Not in the template, nor in the CSS file. Weird, I'll keep looking.

Trasion

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38:31 PM »
Those are both two problems, but they're not the one I want.

The box that says "Login" (or "Welcome" if you are logged in).

Under the red part has a 2px space, and to the left has a 2px space. Same as the box below it. I want it to touch the black border, and I want those three pieces (Login header, Login content, Login footer) to touch, instead of having a 2px gap. Know what I mean?

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »
Yes, I see it, and that is what I was referring to. I can't find anything in any of the files that would account for it.

Trasion

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 07:29:41 PM »
Well, it seems it to be with every <tr> that it does it. I looked through the stylesheet, and found nothing.

No one knows? I'd really like this to be fixed...

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here, but you have your over all table for the whole of the body defined at 900 pixels, the left column set for 180 and the main column at 660. 180+660 does not total 900. Try setting the main box at 720 and see what happens. It could be affecting how it's displayed some what.

Trasion

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 07:56:40 PM »
That doesn't change the side column at all, it just makes the center wider, which is not what I want. I think I might have a fix for this. I'm doing something else at the moment. I'll try it soon, and let you guys know!

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »
Yes, I know it affects the right side, but if it's displaying off because the browser doesn't know how to display because of that, it could just force the left side back into place against the left border. I've seen things like this cause weird display problems before.

Trasion

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »
I tried it, it didn't work.

I'd really like this fixed...

I want those three pieces on every box to match up, and to align to the left of the layout (the black border).

Trasion

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »
So does anyone know how to fix this? All I want are those two pixels between my box and the black border to be gone.

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
I'm still diggin through the page source for clues. When you got rid of the right side colum in the table, you left the colspan in the top td tag as still being 3 when it should have gone down to 2 as there are now 2 columns. Try that, it could be causing problems.

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »
The fact that the 2 remaining columns do not total the same as the body of the table will still cause problems. I do suggest taking care of that as well. Either leave it at 720 so they agree, or simply delete it for now. If the totals don't agree, they will cause problems.

Trasion

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »
I tried it, and nothing. (I did both of your above posts). Anymore ideas?

I might wanna let you know, that it was like that on the default style when I installed.

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »
Yea, I know it is. I still have the default setup on a test install and it does the same thing. Ufortunatly I didn't code the template so I'm not as familiar with every single detail as I'd like. And I've basically run out of ideas. I'll keep digging and thinking, but for now I'm stumped.