Recent

Author Topic: LydiaNet  (Read 4069 times)

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
LydiaNet
« on: November 26, 2011, 12:17:43 AM »
I found this really cheap vps hosting first when they were called Ipap. I signed up just when they switched their name and site over to Lydianet.com
Well for the first week it was alright.. I had set up a mail server on Ubuntu.
Things ran fine for about 2 days after that. Then everything started to slow down. I tried to ssh into the server on multiple occasions and it wouldn't let me in because it was running so slow.
I contacted support and they "fixed it". So the next day I tried to ssh into the server again, still can't connect.
They told me to install a firewall.. thought Ubuntu 11.04 came with a firewall, but I guess the server version doesn't.. so I installed a firewall. Of course I had to sit there for about 2 hours trying to connect and finally got in to install it. Then it took forever just to install the thing and then configure it.
As I suspected.. it didn't help at all.
So I contacted them again.. told them either they can fix this or they can move me to a different node.
They only answered half my questions and finally after three weeks of no service I told them I wanted my money back now or move me to a different node. No replies.. two days later, boom ticket closed. I re-open it and asked why they closed it.. an hour later, boom.. ticket closed.
Well I sent over 5 more tickets in a week or so with no replies.
Come to find out, nobody else is getting any replies to their tickets either. Then soon enough everyones servers go down and stay that way. No notice, nothing.
I guess the persons paypal account has been shut down also from what I hear.

Anywho, if you ever see any new hosting that relates to LydiaNet or Ipap, do not purchase anything from them. They're not a good "company".
I think they may just have been after information people were putting on their servers and what they signed up with.. not sure though.