Recent

Author Topic: Hello...very new  (Read 5829 times)

twicki19

• Force: +0/-0
Hello...very new
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
Hi,

I came across your site after trying to figure out how to set up a gaming website.  I am very new to building websites, so I don't really understand much of what to do or how to set up a site.  I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if anybody has any help on how to work this script into a website, I would really appreciate it.  I can't seem to figure out how to take the download and add it to a website.  I downloaded it, but the instructions went right over my head.  Please help.

Thanks

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
Re: Hello...very new
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »
Ok well if you don't already have a site this is exactly what you need to do:

• 1. Visit http://0down.us/ and signup for an account and free domain.
  • 2. login to your email and get the FTP info.
  • 3. Download a FTP client. I would recommend WINSCP
  • 4. Login to WinSCP with the correct login/pass/etc.
  • 5. Upload the FAS files and then follow the directions givin in the zip.

Hope that helps,
Adam

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
Well, one thing we do try to be around her is helpfull lol.

What are you trying to do? Add it as a subdomain, or as a subfolder? It was not written to be added as a subfolder, but it has been done before. It does require tweaking the .htaccess file in order to do it that way. If you need for us to do it for you, PM me your cPanel and FTP log in info so that I can get in to it and see where it's at and what's left to be done. I will attempt to get to it tomorrow afternoon. Right now it's getting a bit late and I'm not feeling too good so I'm going to work on laying down for the night.

kirdy

• Force: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
Hi welcome to the forum, hope you can learn from these guys there very helpful ;) Wierd names the sometimes have but great fun!!!

twicki19

• Force: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »
thanks for the responses...I was wondering with that 0down site, is that going to be enough space for a gaming website? 

Adam LaCombe

• Force: +17/-0
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:45:53 AM »
hmmmmm..... thats a good question lol. I think it should be. It all depends on how much games you will have on your site. You can embed games from other sites or have the hosted on your server. I would embed most but I think you should be fine hosting the games.
Upload some and if they say that you have gone over your quota just remove some or I can search around for a better free hosting company.

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 03:44:19 PM »
Try www.ferocityhost.com  from $1.50 per month, and dont forget we sell gamepacks !!