Recent

Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 7108 times)

Trasion

Bug Reports
« on: July 22, 2009, 07:51:43 PM »
Maybe this could be stickied?

I was thinking, people could post any bugs that they find here that need to be fixed for the next version, and/or now. :)

So people can post here. Or if the administrators know about bugs, they can post them too so they remember, and then fix them later.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:35:59 PM by Trasion »

Trasion

Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »
"Users Online" needs to be fixed soon. It is incorrect.

Trasion

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »
"Pagination" needs to be fixed, so when it shows over a certain amount of links to pages, it gets sorted some day so they don't all show and fill the page. (see my other thread in this section for screenshot and details about this bug).

Trasion

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:55:18 PM »
When you rate a game, it displays "Rating: NaN/0" until you refresh, then it shows the correct rating.

It should be fixed.

kirdy

• Force: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »
They will be fixed where possible i would think mate, users online may be an ini problem. Tell you what if you can help them i will donate to the project hows that?

Trasion

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »
I know, that's why I'm making this thread, so they can keep track of the bugs, and fix them when possible. :)

So, you're saying that if I help with this, you'll donate to them?

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »
The date mod you posted in another thread we're planning on making part of the default template, good idea, thanks.

There is a lot of things we don't really like about the default template in it's current form, the pagination is just one of them. We are planning on making it a drop down menu to clean it up some on bigger sites. all of that though needs to wait untill we work the SEO/template system to the new form we are working towards, then the minor details on it. We are hoping to start work on that part of the script next week.

On that note, we could use a few more templates for the script to give away with it. If anybody wants to donate a few it could be a big help. We are still looking for a dark one like the one Trasion posted in another thread, a decent brightly multicolored one(perhaps children's theme?) and of course new graphics for the girls arcade template.

The users online box is going to have to wait for a bit though. It is in our mind, but the SEO/templating is our big priority right now. Sorry, but we only have so much time to work on it so we have to prioritize. The SEO and templating are that priority right now.

Trasion

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »
I'd gladly let you guys release my whole website as default when I'm done. It will have highscores, tournaments, it looks nice, will come with games, etc.

Trasion

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 02:36:33 PM »
This topic has now been stuck to the top of the section. Please let us know of any problems you may find with the software. I will help the administrators try to fix them (if I know how!).

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
"Users Online" needs to be fixed soon. It is incorrect.

OK, I had a free minute today, and I thought I would attempt to address this for you. It seems as though your host is using the same folder to store session data along with many other things, perhaps sessions from another account for all we know. Try to change it from what is set up to be default for your purposes.

This may or may not work depending on how your host is set up.

Make a new file named php.ini and in it insert something along these lines

Code: [Select]

session.save_path = "/home/accountname/tmp" ;

replace the "/home/accountname/tmp" with the folder you want to use to store session data in. It should be inaccessable to the general public, so I do NOT recommend it being in or under the /public_html folder. I recommend setting up a new folder in the root of your account if you can, and giving it the right permissions for the script to read and write to it. It might need to be 777 to work on some hosts.

The file php.ini needs to be uploaded to every active folder in your account.

If this works, and it might not depending on your host, it should tell your server to store session data in a specific folder on your account, and the script should pick it up through the session environmet variables.

It could also mess with the working of other scripts that depend sessions to function so use at your own risk!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:13:21 AM by kurt »