Recent

Author Topic: GameFeed for FAS 2.0!  (Read 13518 times)

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
GameFeed for FAS 2.0!
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »
We are pleased to let you know that GameFeed now has a module for us! I have tested it out, and it does work. This is a great new additional help for you, the arcade owner. It allows you to have content added to your site automatically each day, as it comes out. Or, you can browse through the cataloge and pick out games to install with a click of your mouse.

There are a few things you need to keep in mind though:
1) You have to be a member of http://talkarcades.com to use it.
2) It will not pick up categories from your database that are not already active.
3) The games will be set to  active. But you can edit the file to change that to being installed inactive till you check them out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:58:17 PM by kurt »

gobi_Staff

• Force: +0/-0
Re: GameFeed for FAS 2.0!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »
Is there a link to the script? So we can test it ourselves  :). Tried to adapt a nulled one, but haven't had a chance to test it because of my host :| .

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
A nulled one??? There is no need to null either FAS or GameFeed. FAS is unencrypted, and the GameFeed file you download only works with TA's system, must be internally registered with that system, and only works with that one arcade you set it up for. If you're dealing with a nulled verison of some other arcade script then I can't help you with that one.

A link to GameFeed is in the menu of TA. The menu across the top has a link to the GameFeed function of that site. It is part of that site, and only works with that site.

But having tried it on a couple arcades, I can tell you it works rather well, pure pleasure.

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:02 AM »
Just a little update on this. I have been using GameFeed from TA since August on 2 of my FAS based arcades, with out a hitch, and at last count it has loaded over 1700 games for me, automatically. I did the initial set up, and then set up an auto feed bot, telling it to load 10 games per hour, and it worked very well!

If you have not tried GameFeed, you ought to consider it. Between the large game pack I started with, the games some developers have been uploading, and GameFeed, I now have over 8700 games loaded on one site. Mark did a very good job on this.

zalka

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 07:39:54 PM »
ive tried to get it to work with my site but nothing happens my site has been verified but still no joy but i will keep on trying.  :)

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
Did you set up a feedbot on TA? The system is not automatic if you don't. You can still hit publish on a game to put it on your site, but the auto feed bot is what does it automatically. Also, if you have it set to put games on your site starting with now and newer, and nobody publishes any for a bit, it can be a couple days befor any show up on your site. Plus the past couple days the auto feed went down I think. But it should be back up. I just set it to start with oldest games first, and work to newer, and it's put 1700 on my site so far lol.

zalka

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:10 PM »
ive just set it to start with oldest games first too lets see what happens  ;)

zalka

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »
Still waiting no games published how do you load up a game i dont see a hit publish button
Zalka

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 07:57:15 PM »
Weird, I didn't get any games last couple days either. Don't know if nobody submitted any of if he was working on the system lol.

To manually publish a game to your site that's in the GameFeed, just browse the games that are in it to find one you want, and a publish button should be in the menu on the right side menu on the same page as the listing.

If you are not seeing the publish button, then we need to start asking questions like where are you looking at the games, did you get the feed file onto your site in the correct spot and verified, etc.

zalka

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:28 AM »
yes koolgamers.com is verified im getting this 5 installs, Monday 10PM [] but no games oh well i keep trying
Zalka

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »
Hmmm sounds like you shoul PM ArcadeJunky there and see if he can look at the logs to see if he can spot anything obvious. It sounds like it's trying to work, but not making contact or something.

Have you checked to see if there are games it has loaded, but set inactive, and you just need to activate them?

zalka

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
Its working added over 100 today this is fantastic  :D
Zalka
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:47:03 AM by zalka »

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
Here is where I get to be a little self indulgent:

I told ya so ;)

am-fs

• Owner
  • Developer
  • Force: +1/-0
    • Great Flash Games
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
any one use GF?

Thinking about adding other game types besides ibpro, since we might not get the high score mod.

Dillon

• Developer
  • Force: +3/-0
    • Arcade Freak
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
I use it, its kinda nice because you dont have to focus so much on the games but also a lot of them are repetitive and or just down right dumb. BU there are a lot of real nice ones also