Recent

Author Topic: highscores?!  (Read 9849 times)

Trasion

highscores?!
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »
There's no highscores system?! I'd much rather a highscore system than a comment system! Can this be implemented?

kurt

• Developer
  • Force: +16/-1
Re: highscores?!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »
It is in the works. Probably a few months down the line as we all work jobs, but it is planned for.

We're following a logical plan of how to develop the script so that it goes smoother(we pray), and things don't have to be changed 5 times getting to where we want it. Right now we are working on the underlying flow of the script so that we know how it will work when we get to that point. This meant adding a few things in at a point that may not seem as logical if that were not known, but it was so that the underlying structure could be worked out logicaly so that we can do it in a smoother manner. The high scores, and a whole lot more, are in the planning stage. As let slip in another post, the meta tags are the priority right now, along with general SEO and templating as they are tied together. Then a few more surprises that should help out some.

Trasion

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
I'm sorry, but not having highscores just makes me not want to use this..  :(

I will still, but I really wish you'd add highscores sooner, or next. It'd be used to much more.

That's the whole point of an arcade!

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
Yea, I know. But we are lazy and don't like to do things 5 times. If we added the high scores now, we would need to change them as we did something else, and then again for something else, etc. What you tend to wind up with is a script that tends to not flow together, and tends to being more buggy and harder to modify. Done the logical way, the way we are going about it, it tends to work better and be easier to modify, and best for our sakes, we don't usually have to change how it works every time we add something.

Trust me, we'd love to put out a perfect script today that needs nothing added to it ever lol. Since we all work jobs and this is a freebie we give away, it will probably take a bit longer.

We have the basic structure in mind now for what we want, and the next step is some more steps towards that. Once we have it how we want it to facilitate future expansions, we can start expanding. High scores is a biggie on the list, real high up there.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:09:09 PM by kurt »

Trasion

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 07:17:22 PM »
I think you guys should maybe not be completely lazy. It doesn't take that much time on each version. If you need assistance, let me know, I'd love to help with this. But I highly suggest you add this, for your benefit.

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
We're not completely lazy. While we were talking I managed to get a game pack for Adam's new script ready for him to test out. A big part of the problem is that the needed changed will take man hours, something in short supply around here. Working on that game pack tied up my only working box ATM, and I do work literaly 24/7 at a regular job. Coding gets done when it looks like I will have an hour or 2 rest from that job. Yes, I get woke up all hours of the night even for work, and have been known to get drug to the far side of the contenint for a couple of weeks at a time for it. It comes first. It also means we don't have time to waste doing things 5 times simply because we didn't do them in a planned fashion.

We do have a basic outline of the planned high score mod, but we do need to make some template changes first or we will undoubtably have to redo it after they are in place as it will change the underlying structure and flow of the script when we do it. It's looking like some real work too. Depending on how much work that is or isn't, high scores might actually be part of the next version. That is still some time away though either way.

If you want to code a high score mod for the script, you are welcome to do so. We would be happy to work that mod into the next version as well. We welcome people making mods and such, we love it. I ain't got much money, but I personally wouldn't even mind paying for such a mod myself, out of my own pocket even, if done right and not too expensive. That should tell you I do understand how important it is.

I know everybody wants it now, so later ain't fast enough. It is something in the works though like I said.

Trasion

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »
I'm sorry if I called you lazy. I just meant, because in the last post, you said you were lazy, so I asked you not to be.

I'll get working on a highscore system actually. Arcades are no fun without. I have many PHP programming friends who would be happy to make this for me.

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
I readily admit to being lazy. It's just not the only reason is all. If it were, it would have been done already cause we all want that one.

Sure, I'd love to see what they can come up with. If it's decent enough it might make it into the next version even. I'm looking for the info I had laid out for what we had planned on my end, if I findit I'll pm it to you. It's pretty basic but would still give a starting point to a seasoned coder.

Thanks!

Trasion

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
Okay. Please give me any ideas, and I'll find a good coder!

Trasion

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »
Haha, if I do this, can I remove the copyright from my footer now? :) and I'll get started. I think it's so ugly. It could be a great payment  :P

kurt

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Sure, if you do that you can remove the copyright notce.

I sent you a PM with what little we have so far.

Trasion

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 09:10:52 PM »
Okay. I will be checking for someone to do this. :)

I am just coding my website, and finishing it up now. Can I remove the copyright?

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 01:49:50 AM »
Yes you can remove copyright there is a link on the site,its only 5 dollars and helps us a little to pay for help on the script,regards Admin

Edit .  See reply to Kirdy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:06:54 AM by admin »

kirdy

• Force: +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 02:00:06 AM »
You said he could remove it free

Robbie

• Force: +16/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 03:05:27 AM »
Of course !!!, i didnt see the answer from Kurt . We need all the help we can get , and will gladly give permission to remove it to anyone who helps.